Monday, January 9, 2012

healthy, fit mama.

what normal sane person would start an 8 week challenge 25 weeks pregnant? oh me but i've never been one to turn down a challenge.

eating healthy and staying active hasn't always been on the top of my list but of course its on every one's mind. confession time: one of my first thoughts when we started discussing kids "am i ready to loose my body and gain all that weight?" selfish, cold and disheartening? i know. i'm not proud of those horrible thoughts that used to pop into my head, and occasionally sneak up still BUT i've gotten better. this pregnancy has been a mental battle but its also made me very aware of what i'm putting into my body to keep myself and Wesson healthy.

so back to this challenge. i can credit this craziness to non other than my crazy family and Pintrest (go figure!) yes it is technically a weight loss challenge but i will be sticking to the healthy side of it. here's a link to better explain it all... http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2012/01/8-week-printable-weight-loss-get.html

my favorite part of course the print offs, we all know i like a little structure and hands on motivation so if i have to keep a food journal to earn my little sticker (yes i bought stickers for my charts) and am so excited bout it! :) the hardest part probably kicking the sweets but good thing Wesson craves Jamba Juice and beer.

i want lead by example for our kids...
-healthy snacks are tasty! (even though their dad still thinks ice cream and cake is perfectly fine for breakfast, lunch and dinner)
-i want us to always be able to chase our kids around the playground
-be able to sit for 3 hours on those uncomfortable bleachers cheering our kids on
-i will show Wesson yoga is okay for boys too (even if his dad makes fun of him!)

i'm so excited for April, rather end of April to be here. i'm so ready to hold my baby boy and get settled into our new routine. i know its going to be overwhelming at first. of course it is but i still have a year old puppy that needs attention too so we'll try to walk daily. obviously i'm shooting high with my routine but hey after all this is my baby he's going to love structure just as much as his mama does :)

1 comment: