Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baby Cakes

Since I've been having so much with mixing fruits and veggies to make different flavors for Wesson, I decided to take it one step forward and figure out solids for him. Wes is now a little over 9 months so I suppose its time to get his little fingers working when it comes to lunch time. He's obsessed with Puffs but I can't really get away with that being a meal.

I searched online and wasn't really liking any of the ideas I was seeing so I decided to mess around with a few things and see what I could come up with. Last week we shared pancakes with Wes and he loved it, of course he liked the syrup the most and that wouldn't be fly on a day to day basis!

Here's the baby (pan)cakes I came up with!

ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp pured apples
  • 1/2 cup pureed sweet potatoes
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup milk
-mix all together and cook like a pancake. you could probably cook the whole batter up and freeze the cooked ones or do what I do and just cook as we go :) if you try it out lemme know how your baby likes it!

 

squinty eyes just like his mama ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment