Sunday, December 12, 2010

.Hope.

its been an exhausting weekend.

mom and i headed to tri cities on friday to see the family and be there to support my grandma who was putting on an advent breakfast saturday morning at her church. i didn't know until we got there but she was one of the key speakers. she would be speakin on hope. some of you have met my family and the one thing i always hear is wow your family treats any and everyone like they are your own blood and have known me for years. its true. my grandparents have adopted many more granddaughters and sons than you can imagine. i guess the reason i'm adding this little back ground in my blog is to show where i get my strength from... the woman in my family are the heart and soul. each of them has taught me more and more throughout their experiences and stories. i won't go into their stories because just that their not mine to share. anyways so i've mentioned 2 years ago we lost Luke... to back up a little before that my grandparents after 48 years divorced. it was terrible. we were all so lost. they were apart for 2ish years than decided to remarry and i know its a little crazy but the wedding was amazing. every. single. person. was there. my grandparents have 7 kids. 28 grandkids. 16 great grandkids (this number ALWAYS growing!) so to gather everyone was truely wonderful. little did we know 2 weeks later we would loose Luke. To see my family come together in that time still brings me to my knees. we were there for each other. I believe God brought my grandparents back together to help us all get through.... well my grandma spoke of all this and more rough times my family has gone through and the hope we each carried with us. I found some things out friday night that unfortunatly still leaves me sick... it was one of those stories you didn't want to hear... one of those thoughts that no matter what you cannot get out of your head. but i guess i just need to hold my head and hold on to that hope a little more...

No comments:

Post a Comment