Thursday, November 17, 2011

baby wes

as most of you say already baby McBride is a baby boy... I know we and most everyone were pretty shocked that its not a little girl. I don't know why but we all thought baby was a girl! Mike and I have spend countless hours before we knew we were pregnant and even more after just talking about talking about baby boys and girls, so when we found out it was a boy we instantly were thrilled about the stuff we'll be able to do and teach him.

I know it was also a shock that we even had an appointment... I had my regular doctors appointment on Monday, everything is great except I dropped another 5 pounds and I was worried cause my belly hasn't "popped" out yet. Doc told me the weight wasn't a big issue for now because I was so sick for the first 4 months that its normal to be still going up and down. The belly thing will just come with time, with how long of a torso I have Wes has lots of room to stretch out, also with me still jogging, doing yoga, my pregnancy workout and also with my healthy eating style (seriously this kid only craves fruit!!) that what I'm gaining is all baby and not fat. Yay for that news! Although I'm super anxious for a real round preggo belly!

And than we had Wednesdays appointment. After seeing every one's ultrasound pictures on facebook and with uhm everyone being pregnant and seeing their baby Mike and I were defiantly feeling jealous, so I did a little research and found Gentle Touch Studio. Basically this lady has her own 3D, 4D ultrasound machine and does it just for fun. Which is pretty popular here since Wyoming is wonderful and doesn't allow ultrasounds until 20 weeks. We knew there was a chance we would be able to find out but didn't want to announce it and than have to listen to "did you find out?" So went in yesterday morning. The room was pretty awesome, its set up so you're whole family can join and watch your baby on the big screen. Mike enjoyed the huge leather lounge chair ;-) I thought for sure I'd cry and Mike would at least tear up but nope the minute we saw baby on the screen we couldn't stop laughing and smiling, I think Mike looked at me once but his face was glued to that screen the whole time, precious! :)

3D pictures are defiantly kinda spooky but watching the life feed is the coolest thing. Little mister was moving A LOT so most of our still shots don't have his whole body in it. I kept asking so he's actually moving around like that? why can't I feel this?! She told me she's surprised I'm not yet and will be even more surprised if I don't feel him by the end of the week. Can't wait! At first mister wouldn't stay still enough for us to see what gender he was but than once we spotted the little pee pee it was defiantly in every shot!

Needless to say the rest of the day we both had permanent smiles on and our phones were blowing up! :) thank you to everyone!

Picking out the name was pretty simple since we've had them picked out for like oh 3 years now! lol we're lame like that. For a boy it was either Colton James or Wesson Michael. We knew instantly our baby boy was Wesson. Yes we have based all of our names on guns... We already have Remington the dog and now we have Wesson. Next babe will hopefully be a girl and she'll be Kimber. So no stealing names ;-)

Also I love that my mom found this for me yesterday...

Cyndi Hunter Schenck posted:
The meaning of the name Wesson is West enclosure west settlement.... ha ha too funny... considering he was conceived in Wyoming... the wild wild west... PERFECT

guess Wyoming is good for somethin!!

Now what to look forward to...
my weekend in Helena with my best friends!! Miss Brandy and Robyn are coming over for some MUCH needed girl time while Mike learns lots in class!


SO in love with this little boy already... we're excited to meet you and don't be surprised if Daddy has a dirt bike by your crib waiting! xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. Love the name! :) Don't worry about the weight, I only gained 18lbs with Emmy and 21 with Weston.

    ReplyDelete