Monday, December 31, 2012

twenty-thirteen

Well here we are again... making plans to watch the ball drop, eating the rest of the junk food in the house, setting resolutions, and reflecting back on the year.

2012 was a year full of lessons, some pretty tough ones and some pretty wonderful ones. It bizarre to think a year ago I was big & pregnant, living with my parents, playing DD and going home to an empty bed. We may still be living in the trailer but at least I get to kiss my husband tonight. Although it was so tough not having Mike working last year, he was at least able to come to all my last doctors appointments and was there for my first contraction. I know everything happens for a reason ;)

This last year Mike and I have really grown up. Moving to Colorado with a 3 week old was kind of a reality shock. Going from living with your mom and than having to fully be a mom with zero help was kind of like being thrown to the wolves in the baby raising business. Luckily Wesson is basically a dream baby so it made it pretty easy on us and we've become damn good parents if I say so myself. We've also really grown into our roles as husband and wife. We've been living this crazy, sporadic life that forced us to say good bye to whats easy and forced us to relay on each other for support.

Its weird we've been talking about how we were suppose to be moving home soon and honestly part of me doesn't know if I'm ready (insert huge gasp!) I know I sound like a crazy person right now but I'm not sure I'm ready to share my family yet. I think this family needs just one more adventure. Which as soon as we get that call we're on it ;) Yes we miss home, friends, and family and we're more than ready to have a real life home but I've really found myself while going through this apprenticeship. I really like the wife, mom, & woman I'm becoming. I've made peace with my mistakes and learned to forgive myself and not let those hold me back. I'm learning the type of friend I want to be and the types of people I want around my family. I've learned to not expect anything of people, not in the aggressive I don't need you crap but in the I can't change people and situations so let it go type.

With that being said I guess that's another 2012 resolution I finally finished. I think all my life I've always put "let people go, don't let people get to me" one version or another and I think I'm finally okay with it.

As for our other 2012 resolutions we hit probably half of them. I did have a natural birth (woop!) and I plan on having all my babies natural, I lost my pregnancy weight and some more! I feel awesome! I'm on my way to the best shape of my life and loving the process. We did pay off more things but surprise added more on, such is life yah? Mike may not have fully finished the apprenticeship but between passing his tests and only have a couple hundred hours left I'd say we're pretty damn close! As far as Remmi listening better weeell he does.... just cost us a grand! hah. still so worth it though!

So in true "Cayla Fashion" here's our 2013 resolutions!

Fitness: continue running and see how many miles I can put behind me
              there are about 4 yoga poses I'm hoping to "master" this year

Mental: finding the light in our darkest times, stop focusing on the negative side of set backs
              accepting things/situations I can't change
              forgive & move on, with or without apologizes

Family: purchase our first home!
             Mike's journeyman's ticket
             financial goals

Its safe to say we're ready for 2013. We will 100% for sure be moving home this year. Not sure the time limit now but it should be no later than June, perfect time to buy our first home and have summer welcome us back! Until than we'll continue to hold onto these days of just us four, exploring new towns, learning more about ourselves, and fully enjoying the "little moments."

Happy News Years friends & family.



















2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I stumbled upon your blog while searching for linewife blogs, and I'm so glad I did! My husband is looking into becoming a lineman, so I wanted to gain a little perspective. We've been a military family for a few years, and we've made the transition to civilian life.. but now we're looking for something with more substance, and (hopefully) some sort of stability an security. We just had a baby in July, also :) I'll spare you the whole novel of my life, though.. Haha! Look forward to reading through your posts, old and new! I have a blog, too.. Feel free to add me to your GFC! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaimie! So glad you found me! Being a linewife is a hard decision but the best one I've ever made! :) Congrats on your new baby, isn't being a mommy the best job ever?! If you have any questions about the process of becoming a lineman please feel free to ask! I'm also part of a large support group for linewives and it has helped me so much! I will for sure be checking out your blog :) happy new year!

      Delete